With the FIBARO Dimmer 2, you can integrate existing lighting installations into a Z-Wave network. Thus, the connected devices can still be controlled and dimmed with the existing wall switch, but – thanks to Z-Wave – also via remote control, smartphone or sensor-controlled automation.
The compact radio module is placed in a wall box right behind the normal switch. The switch is no longer directly connected to the load but acts as input device for the FIBARO insert that is controlling the load. The switch only sends control signal to the insert which controls the load then again. The solution works with all switch design. You can use a momentary or a toggle switch. It’s recommended to use wall boxes with 65mm depth. But smaller boxes with only 45mm depth can be used also if there is enough space behind the switch. The available space depends on the size of the traditional switch, the dimensions of the wall box and the amount of additional cabling placed in this box.
- Radio module for wall box installation
- Switch and dim function
- Detects light source automatically
- Max. load: 250W, 110 ~ 240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Overheating and overvoltage protection
- Wiring: Neutral needed
- Wireless technology: Z-Wave Plus
- Dimensions: 42x38x20 mm
- Fibaro Dimmer Bypass 2 (FIB_FGB-002), für Leuchtmittel mit sehr geringem Verbrauch, z.B. LEDs mit 0,5 W)